Rock County Marriage Licenses

Search for Rock County WI marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Rock County Marriage License Rock County Courthouse, 51 South Main St. Janesville WI 53545 608-757-5660

Avon Town Hall 16513 West Beloit Newark Road Brodhead WI 53520 608-897-8181

Beloit City Hall 2200 Milwaukee Road Beloit WI 53511 608-364-2867

Beloit Health Department 100 State Street Beloit WI 53511 608-364-6689

Beloit Town Hall 2871 South Afton Road Beloit WI 53511 608-364-2980

Center Town Hall 9119 County Road A Evansville WI 53536 608-876-6658

Clinton Town Hall 700 Meadow Park Drive Clinton WI 53525 608-676-5395

Edgerton City Hall 12 Albion Street Edgerton WI 53534 608-884-3341

Edgerton Clerk 12 Albion Street Edgerton WI 53534 608-884-3341

Evansville City Clerk 11 West Church Street Evansville WI 53536 608-882-2266

Harmony Township Clerk 5911 N Jones Dr Milton WI 53563 608-868-6065

Jamesville City Clerk 18 North Jackson Street Janesville WI 53548 608-755-3070

Milton City Hall 430 East High Street Milton WI 53563 608-868-6900

Milton City Hall 690 South Janesville Street Milton WI 53563 608-868-6910

Rock County Clerk 51 South Main Street Janesville WI 53545 608-757-5660

Rock County Health 61 Eclipse Ctr Beloit WI 53511 608-364-2010

Rock County Health Department 3328 U.s. 51 Janesville WI 53545 608-757-5440

Turtle Town Hall 9949 South Turtle Town Hall Road Beloit WI 53511 608-365-5255

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: County Clerk's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with parental consent

3. Cost/fees: $80-$120; varies by county

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes

8. License Valid: 30 days

9. Waiting Period: 5 days

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: No

12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with documentation

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: No

Questions/Answers about Rock County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Wisconsin, both members of the couple must visit a County Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. Wisconsin residents must apply in the county in which they reside. Non-residents should apply in the county where they plan to marry. You will have to meet certain requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will complete the marriage license and submit it to the County Clerk to be recorded.

How do I get a marriage license in Rock County, Wisconsin?

You will need to visit the County Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. You must apply in the county where you reside, if you are a Wisconsin resident, or where you plan to marry, if you are not a resident. Both members of the couple must show proof of age, provide valid photo identification, and pay the fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Wisconsin?

A marriage license can cost anywhere between $80 and $120, depending on the county.

How old do you have to be to get married in Rock County?

You must reach the minimum age of 16 to get married in Wisconsin. Individuals who are under the age of 18 must have the consent of both parents or legal guardians.