King County Marriage Licenses

List of King County Marriage Licenses

Search for King County, WA marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

King County Marriage License 500 4th Avenue Seattle WA 98104 206-477-6620

Auburn City Hall 25 West Main Street Auburn WA 98001 253-931-3043

Auburn Health Department 126 Auburn Avenue Auburn WA 98002 206-296-6855

Beaux Arts Village Town Clerk 10550 Southeast 27th Street Beaux Arts Village WA 98004 425-454-8580

Bellevue City Clerk 450 110th Avenue Northeast Bellevue WA 98004 425-452-6466

Bellevue City Hall 450 110th Avenue Northeast Bellevue WA 98004 425-452-6800

Birch Creek Health Department 13111 Southeast 274th Street Kent WA 98030 206-296-4930

Black Diamond City Hall 24301 Roberts Drive Black Diamond WA 98010 360-886-2560

Bothell City Hall 18305 101st Avenue Northeast Bothell WA 98011 425-486-3256

Carnation City Hall 4621 Tolt Avenue Carnation WA 98014 425-333-4192

Duvall City Hall 15535 Main Street Northeast Duvall WA 98019 425-788-1185

Enumclaw City Clerk 1339 Griffin Avenue Enumclaw WA 98022 360-825-3591

Federal Way City Clerk 33325 8th Avenue South Federal Way WA 98003 253-835-2540

Federal Way City Hall 33325 8th Avenue South Federal Way WA 98003 253-835-7000

Hunts Point Clerk 3000 Hunts Point Road Hunts Point WA 98004 425-455-1834

Issaquah City Hall 1775 12th Avenue Northwest Issaquah WA 98027 425-837-3007

Kent City Clerk 220 4th Avenue South Kent WA 98032 253-856-5725

Kent Health Center 25742 104th Avenue Southeast Kent WA 98030 206-296-4500

King County Clerk 516 3rd Avenue Seattle WA 98104 206-477-1020

King County Health Department 900 Oakesdale Avenue Southwest Renton WA 98057 206-296-4932

King County Health Department 901 Auburn Way North Auburn WA 98002 253-833-6971

King County Health Department 33431 13th Place South Federal Way WA 98003 253-838-5140

King County Health Department 10700 Southeast 174th Street Renton WA 98055 206-296-4955

King County Health Department 10821 8th Avenue Southwest Seattle WA 98146 206-296-4646

King County Health Department 10501 Meridian Avenue North Seattle WA 98133 206-296-4912

Kirkland City Hall 12421 Northeast 103rd Place Kirkland WA 98033 425-822-2459

Maple Valley City Hall 22035 Southeast Wax Road Maple Valley WA 98038 425-413-8800

Medina City Hall 501 Evergreen Point Road Medina WA 98039 425-454-9222

Mercer Island City Hall 9611 Southeast 36th Street Mercer Island WA 98040 206-236-5300

North Bend City Hall 211 Main Avenue North North Bend WA 98045 425-888-1211

Pacific City Hall 100 3rd Avenue Southeast Pacific WA 98047 253-833-2856

Redmond City Hall 15670 Northeast 85th Street Redmond WA 98052 425-556-2900

Renton City Hall 1055 South Grady Way Renton WA 98057 425-430-6400

Sammamish City Hall 801 228th Avenue Southeast Sammamish WA 98075 425-898-0660

Seattle City Clerk 600 4th Avenue Seattle WA 98104 206-684-8344

Seattle City Hall 600 4th Avenue Seattle WA 98104 206-684-8888

Seattle Health Department 999 3rd Avenue Seattle WA 98104 206-296-0100

Seattle Health Department 14350 Southeast Eastgate Way Bellevue WA 98007 206-296-4920

Seattle King County Health Department 10808 Northeast 145th Street Bothell WA 98011 206-296-9814

Shoreline City Clerk 17500 Midvale Avenue North Shoreline WA 98133 206-801-2230

Shoreline Health Department 1610 Northeast 150th Street Shoreline WA 98155 206-418-5410

Skykomish City Hall 119 4th Street North Skykomish WA 98288 360-677-2388

Snoqualmie City Hall 38624 Southeast River Street Snoqualmie WA 98065 425-888-1555

Woodinville City Hall 17301 133rd Avenue Northeast Woodinville WA 98072 425-489-2700

Yarrow Point Town Clerk 4030 95th Avenue Northeast Bellevue WA 98004 425-454-6994

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: County Auditor's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 17 with parental consent and under 17 with a court order

3. Cost/fees: $57-$68; varies by county

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes

8. License Valid: 60 days

9. Waiting Period: 3 days

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: No

12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with disclosure

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: No

Questions/Answers about King County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Washington, both members of the couple must visit the County Auditor's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. In some counties, you can begin the paperwork in advance and submit it online or by mail, but you will still have to go to the County Auditor's Office in person to receive the license. If you submit it by mail, you will have to submit a signed and notarized affidavit. You will have to meet certain requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will complete the marriage license and submit it to the proper county authority for recording.

How do I get a marriage license in King County, Washington?

You will need to visit the County Auditor's Office to apply for a marriage license. You may be able to submit the paperwork online or by mail prior to your visit. Both members of the couple must show proof of age, provide valid photo identification, and pay the fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Washington?

A marriage license can cost between $57 and $68, depending on the county. The license is valid anywhere in the state of Washington.

How old do you have to be to get married in King County?

In Washington, individuals who are 18 years of age or older may get married. Individuals under the age of 18 can get married with parental consent and/or a court order, depending on their age.