Washington County Marriage Licenses

List of Washington County Marriage Licenses

Search for Washington County, NY marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Argyle Town & Village Clerk 41 Main Street Argyle NY 12809 518-638-8681

Fort Ann Town Clerk 80 George Street Fort Ann NY 12827 518-639-8929

Fort Ann Town Hall 80 George Street Fort Ann NY 12827 518-639-8929

Granville Town Clerk 42 Main Street Granville NY 12832 518-642-3909

Granville Town Hall 42 Main Street Granville NY 12832 518-642-1500

Greenwich Clerk 2 Academy Street Greenwich NY 12834 518-692-7611

Hartford Town Clerk 165 County Road 23 Granville NY 12832 518-632-9151

Moreau Town Clerk 351 Reynolds Road Fort Edward NY 12828 518-792-1030

Putnam Town Hall 14 Putnam Center Road Putnam Station NY 12861 518-547-8317

Salem Town Hall 214 North Main Street Salem NY 12865 518-854-3277

Washington County Clerk 383 Broadway Fort Edward NY 12828 518-746-2210

Washington County Health Department 415 Lower Main Street Hudson Falls NY 12839 518-746-2400

White Creek Town Hall 28 Mountain View Drive Cambridge NY 12816 518-677-8545

Whitehall Village Clerk 1 Saunders Street Whitehall NY 12887 518-499-0871

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: City, Town, or Borough Clerk's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with parental consent and 14 with a court order

3. Cost/fees: $35-$40

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes

8. License Valid: 60 days, or 180 days for military

9. Waiting Period: 24 hours

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: Yes

12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with disclosure

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: No

Questions/Answers about Washington County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in New York, both members of the couple must visit a City, Town, or Borough Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You may also begin the paperwork online, but you will have to visit a Clerk's Office to finish the process. You will have to meet certain requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, it is valid after 24 hours, and you must perform a marriage ceremony before the license expires. Your officiant will complete the marriage license and submit it to the Clerk's Office to be recorded.

How do I get a marriage license in Washington County, New York?

You will need to visit the City, Town, or Borough Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. You can also begin the application online. Both members of the couple must show proof of age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in New York?

In New York City, the marriage license fee is $35. Everywhere else in New York, the fee is $40.

How old do you have to be to get married in Washington County?

You must reach the minimum age of 14 to get married in New York. Individuals under the age of 18 can get married with parental consent and/or a court order, depending on their age.