Pottawatomie County Marriage Licenses

List of Pottawatomie County Marriage Licenses

Search for Pottawatomie County, KS marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Pottawatomie County Marriage License 106 Main Street - Po Box 129 Westmoreland KS 66549 785-457-3392

Emmett City Clerk 400 Main Street Emmett KS 66422 785-535-8145

Havensville City Hall 212 Commercial Street Havensville KS 66432 785-948-2310

Olsburg City Clerk 317 2nd Street Olsburg KS 66520 785-468-3209

Onaga City Hall 319 Prospect Street Onaga KS 66521 785-889-4456

Pottawatomie County Clerk Office 207 North 1st Street Westmoreland KS 66549 785-457-3314

Pottawatomie County Health Department 320 Main Street Westmoreland KS 66549 785-457-3719

St Marys City Hall 200 South 7th Street St. Marys KS 66536 785-437-2311

Westmoreland City Hall 202 Main St Westmoreland KS 66549 785-457-3361

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: District Court Clerk's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 15 with court order

3. Cost/fees: $85.50

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes

8. License Valid: 6 months

9. Waiting Period: 3 days

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: No

12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with disclosure

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: Yes

Questions/Answers about Pottawatomie County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Kansas, both members of the couple must visit a District Court Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the judge or clerk of the District Court that issued the license.

How do I get a marriage license in Pottawatomie County, Kansas?

You will need to visit the District Court Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must prove their age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Kansas?

In Kansas, the fee for a marriage license is $85.50. This fee must be paid in cash.

How old do you have to be to get married in Pottawatomie County?

You must reach the minimum of 15 years of age to get married in Kansas. Individuals who are under the age of 18 must have parental consent and/or a court order.