Greenwood County Marriage Licenses

List of Greenwood County Marriage Licenses

Search for Greenwood County, KS marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Greenwood County Marriage License 311 North Main Street Eureka KS 67045 620-583-8153

Eureka City Clerk 309 North Oak Street Eureka KS 67045 620-583-6212

Fall River City Hall 314 Merchants Avenue Fall River KS 67047 620-658-4973

Greenwood County Clerk 311 North Main Street Eureka KS 67045 620-384-5629

Greenwood County Health Department 200 West 1st Street Eureka KS 67045 620-583-6632

Hamilton City Clerk 14 Main Street Hamilton KS 66853 620-678-3371

Madison City Clerk 225 Main Street Madison KS 66860 620-437-2556

Severy City Hall 100 N Kansas Ave Severy KS 67137 620-736-2323

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: District Court Clerk's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 15 with court order

3. Cost/fees: $85.50

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes

8. License Valid: 6 months

9. Waiting Period: 3 days

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: No

12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with disclosure

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: Yes

Questions/Answers about Greenwood County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Kansas, both members of the couple must visit a District Court Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the judge or clerk of the District Court that issued the license.

How do I get a marriage license in Greenwood County, Kansas?

You will need to visit the District Court Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must prove their age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Kansas?

In Kansas, the fee for a marriage license is $85.50. This fee must be paid in cash.

How old do you have to be to get married in Greenwood County?

You must reach the minimum of 15 years of age to get married in Kansas. Individuals who are under the age of 18 must have parental consent and/or a court order.