Brown County Marriage Licenses

List of Brown County Marriage Licenses

Search for Brown County, KS marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Brown County Marriage License 601 Oregon, Po Box 417 Hiawatha KS 66434 785-742-7481

Brown County Clerk 601 Oregon Street Hiawatha KS 66434 785-742-2581

Brown County Health Department 907 South 2nd Street Hiawatha KS 66434 785-742-2505

Everest City Clerk 717 Main Street Everest KS 66424 785-548-7776

Fairview City Hall 505 W FRONT St Fairview KS 66425 785-467-3200

Hiawatha City Hall 701 Oregon Street Hiawatha KS 66434 785-742-7417

Horton City Clerk 205 East 8th Street Horton KS 66439 785-486-2681

Morrill City Clerk 612 Roxanna Street Morrill KS 66515 785-459-2231

Robinson City Hall 118 Parsons Street Robinson KS 66532 785-544-6850

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: District Court Clerk's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 15 with court order

3. Cost/fees: $85.50

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes

8. License Valid: 6 months

9. Waiting Period: 3 days

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: No

12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with disclosure

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: Yes

Questions/Answers about Brown County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Kansas, both members of the couple must visit a District Court Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the judge or clerk of the District Court that issued the license.

How do I get a marriage license in Brown County, Kansas?

You will need to visit the District Court Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must prove their age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Kansas?

In Kansas, the fee for a marriage license is $85.50. This fee must be paid in cash.

How old do you have to be to get married in Brown County?

You must reach the minimum of 15 years of age to get married in Kansas. Individuals who are under the age of 18 must have parental consent and/or a court order.