Barton County Marriage Licenses

List of Barton County Marriage Licenses

Search for Barton County, KS marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Barton County Marriage License 1400 Main Street Great Bend KS 67530 620-793-1856

Albert City Hall 2006 Main Street Albert KS 67511 620-923-4665

Barton County Clerk 1400 Main Street Great Bend KS 67530 620-793-1835

Barton County Health Department 1300 Kansas Avenue Great Bend KS 67530 620-793-1902

Claflin City Hall 111 Hamilton Street Claflin KS 67525 620-587-3707

Ellinwood City Clerk 104 East 2nd Street Ellinwood KS 67526 620-564-3161

Hoisington City Clerk 109 East 1st Street Hoisington KS 67544 620-653-4125

Pawnee Rock City Hall 508 Centre Street Pawnee Rock KS 67567 620-982-4386

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: District Court Clerk's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 15 with court order

3. Cost/fees: $85.50

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes

8. License Valid: 6 months

9. Waiting Period: 3 days

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: No

12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with disclosure

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: Yes

Questions/Answers about Barton County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Kansas, both members of the couple must visit a District Court Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the judge or clerk of the District Court that issued the license.

How do I get a marriage license in Barton County, Kansas?

You will need to visit the District Court Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must prove their age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Kansas?

In Kansas, the fee for a marriage license is $85.50. This fee must be paid in cash.

How old do you have to be to get married in Barton County?

You must reach the minimum of 15 years of age to get married in Kansas. Individuals who are under the age of 18 must have parental consent and/or a court order.