Lake County Marriage Licenses

List of Lake County Marriage Licenses

Search for Lake County, IL marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Lake County Marriage License 18 North County Street Waukegan IL 60085 847-377-2411

Cuba Township Clerk 28000 W Cuba Rd Barrington IL 60010 847-381-1120

Grayslake Village Clerk 33 South Whitney Street Grayslake IL 60030 847-223-2341

Highland Park City Hall 1707 Saint Johns Avenue Highland Park IL 60035 847-432-0800

Highwood City Hall 17 Highwood Avenue Highwood IL 60040 847-432-1924

Island Lake Village Clerk 3720 Greenleaf Avenue Island Lake IL 60042 847-526-8764

Lake County Clerk 18 North County Street Waukegan IL 60085 847-377-2308

Lake County Health Department 121 Grand Avenue Lake Villa IL 60046 847-377-7780

Lake County Health Department 18698 West Peterson Road Libertyville IL 60048 847-949-9925

Lake County Health Department 1819 27th Street Zion IL 60099 847-872-1918

Lake County Health Department 24647 North Milwaukee Avenue Vernon Hills IL 60061 847-478-5510

Lake County Health Department 3012 Grand Avenue Waukegan IL 60085 847-377-8090

Lake Forest City Hall 110 East Laurel Avenue Lake Forest IL 60045 847-234-2600

Lake Zurich Town Hall 70 East Main Street Lake Zurich IL 60047 847-540-1683

Libertyville Clerk 359 Merrill Court Libertyville IL 60048 847-816-6800

Mundelein Clerk 440 East Hawley Street Mundelein IL 60060 847-949-3214

North Chicago City Hall 1850 Lewis Avenue North Chicago IL 60064 847-596-8780

North Chicago Health Department 1850 Lewis Avenue North Chicago IL 60064 847-596-8652

Warren Township Clerk 17801 West Washington Street Gurnee IL 60031 847-244-1101

Waukegan City Clerk 100 North Martin Luther King Junior Avenue Waukegan IL 60085 847-599-2513

Waukegan City Hall 100 North Martin Luther King Junior Avenue Waukegan IL 60085 847-599-2500

West Deerfield Town Clerk 601 Deerfield Road Deerfield IL 60015 847-945-0614

Zion City Hall 2828 Sheridan Road Zion IL 60099 847-746-4000

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: County Clerk's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with parental consent

3. Cost/fees: $30-$50

4. Identification: State-issued photo identification and a birth certificate

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: No

8. License Valid: 60 days

9. Waiting Period: 24 hours

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: Yes, if over 50

12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with documentation if within 6 weeks

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: No

Questions/Answers about Lake County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Illinois, both members of the couple must visit a marriage license agent at the County Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have submitted the paperwork, you will have to wait 24 hours for the marriage license to be valid. You must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the county authorities. You will then be able to file to receive a certified marriage certificate.

How do I get a marriage license in Lake County, Illinois?

You will need to visit the County Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must prove their age and identification, and pay a fee. It takes 24 hours for the license to be valid.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Illinois?

A marriage license can cost between $30 and $50 in Illinois, depending on the county. The fee must be paid in cash.

How old do you have to be to get married in Lake County?

You must reach the minimum of 16 years of age to get married in Illinois. Individuals who are between 16 and 18 must have parental or guardian consent to get married.