Tama County Marriage Licenses

List of Tama County Marriage Licenses

Search for Tama County, IA marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Tama County Marriage License 100 West High Street Toledo IA 52342 641-484-3320

Chelsea City Hall 600 Station Street Chelsea IA 52215 641-489-2525

Clutier City Clerk 317 Main Street Clutier IA 52217 319-479-2303

Clutier City Hall 214 Main Street Clutier IA 52217 319-479-2530

Dysart City Clerk 601 Wilson Street Dysart IA 52224 319-476-5690

Elberon City Hall 106 Main Street Elberon IA 52225 319-439-5345

Garwin City Hall 205 Main Street Garwin IA 50632 641-499-2307

Gladbrook City Hall 319 2nd St Gladbrook IA 50635 641-473-2582

Tama City Clerk 305 Siegel Street Tama IA 52339 641-484-3822

Tama County Clerk 100 West High Street Toledo IA 52342 641-484-3721

Tama County Health Department 129 West High Street Toledo IA 52342 641-484-4788

Traer City Clerk 649 2nd Street Traer IA 50675 319-478-2580

Traer City Hall 649 2nd Street Traer IA 50675 319-478-2580

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: Country Registrar or Recorder's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with a court order

3. Cost/fees: $35

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes, one for the license and two for the marriage ceremony

8. License Valid: Does not expire

9. Waiting Period: 3 days

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: No

12. Divorce/Widow: 60 days with a divorce decree or death certificate

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: Yes

Questions/Answers about Tama County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Iowa, both members of the couple must visit a County Registrar or Recorder's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. If one member of the couple is unable to attend, the absent party can sign the application before a Notary Public. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. You will also need to bring one witness who is over the age of 18 in order to receive a marriage license. There is a three day waiting period, and you must pick up the license within six months or it is no longer valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and forward it to the Recorder's Office. A certified copy of the marriage certificate will be mailed to the couple.

How do I get a marriage license in Tama County, Iowa?

You will need to visit the County Registrar or Recorder's Office, with a witness over the age of 18, to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must prove their age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Iowa?

A marriage license costs $35 in Iowa.

How old do you have to be to get married in Tama County?

You must reach the minimum of 16 years of age to get married in Iowa. Individuals who are between 16 and 18 must have parental or guardian consent and a court order to get married.