Hardin County Marriage Licenses

List of Hardin County Marriage Licenses

Search for Hardin County, IA marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.

Hardin County Marriage License 1215 Edgington Avenue Eldora IA 50627 641-939-8178

Ackley City Clerk 208 State Street Ackley IA 50601 641-847-3332

Alden City Hall 1018 Water Street Alden IA 50006 515-859-3344

Eldora City Hall 1442 Washington Street Eldora IA 50627 641-939-2393

Hardin County Clerk 1215 Edgington Avenue Eldora IA 50627 641-858-2328

Hubbard City Hall 323 East Maple Street Hubbard IA 50122 641-864-3187

Iowa Falls City Hall 315 Stevens Street Iowa Falls IA 50126 641-648-2527

New Providence Town Hall 506 West Main Street New Providence IA 50206 641-497-5251

Radcliffe Town Hall 310 Isabella Street Radcliffe IA 50230 515-899-2118

Steamboat Rock City Hall 512 West Market Street Steamboat Rock IA 50672 641-868-2240

Union City Town Hall 308 Center Street Union IA 50258 641-486-2302

Whitten Town Hall 807 Irwin Street Union IA 50258 641-486-5493

About Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Application Requirements and Process:

1. Apply where: Country Registrar or Recorder's Office

2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with a court order

3. Cost/fees: $35

4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification

5. Blood test / Physical Test: No

6. Residency Requirement: No

7. Witnesses: Yes, one for the license and two for the marriage ceremony

8. License Valid: Does not expire

9. Waiting Period: 3 days

10. Same-sex marriage: Yes

11. Marriage between cousins: No

12. Divorce/Widow: 60 days with a divorce decree or death certificate

13. Proxy Marriage: No

14. Common Law Marriage: Yes

Questions/Answers about Hardin County Marriage Licenses

What do you have to do to get married?

To get married in Iowa, both members of the couple must visit a County Registrar or Recorder's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. If one member of the couple is unable to attend, the absent party can sign the application before a Notary Public. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. You will also need to bring one witness who is over the age of 18 in order to receive a marriage license. There is a three day waiting period, and you must pick up the license within six months or it is no longer valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and forward it to the Recorder's Office. A certified copy of the marriage certificate will be mailed to the couple.

How do I get a marriage license in Hardin County, Iowa?

You will need to visit the County Registrar or Recorder's Office, with a witness over the age of 18, to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must prove their age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.

How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Iowa?

A marriage license costs $35 in Iowa.

How old do you have to be to get married in Hardin County?

You must reach the minimum of 16 years of age to get married in Iowa. Individuals who are between 16 and 18 must have parental or guardian consent and a court order to get married.