Search for Henry County GA marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.
Henry County Marriage License 20 Lawrenceville Street, Courthouse McDonough GA 30253 770-954-2303
Hampton City Clerk 17 East Main Street North Hampton GA 30228 770-946-4306
Henry County Clerk 140 Henry Parkway McDonough GA 30253 770-288-6251
Henry County Health Department 135 Henry Parkway McDonough GA 30253 770-954-2250
Locust Grove City Hall 3644 Georgia 42 Locust Grove GA 30248 770-957-5043
McDonough City Hall 136 Keys Ferry Street McDonough GA 30253 770-957-3915
McDonough Clerk 40 Atlanta Street McDonough GA 30253 770-898-7600
Stockbridge City Hall 4640 North Henry Boulevard Stockbridge GA 30281 770-389-7900
Stockbridge Clerk 4545 North Henry Boulevard Stockbridge GA 30281 770-389-7900
1. Apply where: County Probate Court
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 in certain counties with parental consent
3. Cost/fees: $16-$67, depending on whether the couple completes a qualifying premarital education program and whether a certified copy of the license is included
4. Identification: birth certificate, driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, military identification card
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: No, but non-residents must obtain a marriage license in the county where the marriage ceremony will be performed
7. Witnesses: Yes
8. License Valid: Indefinitely
9. Waiting Period: No
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No, but common law marriages predating January 1, 1997 remain valid
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Georgia, both members of the couple must visit a County Probate Court in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will complete the marriage license and submit it to the proper county authority. After the marriage license has been recorded, the Probate Court will issue a certified marriage certificate as proof of marriage.
How do I get a marriage license in Henry County, Georgia?
You will need to visit the County Probate Court to apply for a marriage license. Non-residents must apply in the county where the marriage ceremony will take place. Both members of the couple must prove that they have reached the eligible age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Georgia?
The cost for a marriage license in Georgia varies from $16 to $67 depending on the county and whether the couple has complete a qualifying premarital education course.
How old do you have to be to get married in Henry County?
You must reach the minimum of 18 years of age to get married in Georgia. Some counties allow individuals between 16 and 18 to marry with parental consent.