Search for Dodge County, GA marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.
Dodge County Marriage License Courthouse Square Eastman GA 31023 912-374-3775
Chester City Hall 104 Chester Avenue Chester GA 31012 478-358-4550
Dodge County Clerk PO Box 818 Eastman GA 31023 478-374-4361
Dodge County Health Department 1121 Plaza Avenue Eastman GA 31023 478-374-5576
Eastman City Hall 333 College Street Eastman GA 31023 478-374-7721
Rhine City Hall 134 1st St Rhine GA 31077 229-385-5521
1. Apply where: County Probate Court
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 in certain counties with parental consent
3. Cost/fees: $16-$67, depending on whether the couple completes a qualifying premarital education program and whether a certified copy of the license is included
4. Identification: birth certificate, driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, military identification card
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: No, but non-residents must obtain a marriage license in the county where the marriage ceremony will be performed
7. Witnesses: Yes
8. License Valid: Indefinitely
9. Waiting Period: No
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No, but common law marriages predating January 1, 1997 remain valid
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Georgia, both members of the couple must visit a County Probate Court in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will complete the marriage license and submit it to the proper county authority. After the marriage license has been recorded, the Probate Court will issue a certified marriage certificate as proof of marriage.
How do I get a marriage license in Dodge County, Georgia?
You will need to visit the County Probate Court to apply for a marriage license. Non-residents must apply in the county where the marriage ceremony will take place. Both members of the couple must prove that they have reached the eligible age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Georgia?
The cost for a marriage license in Georgia varies from $16 to $67 depending on the county and whether the couple has complete a qualifying premarital education course.
How old do you have to be to get married in Dodge County?
You must reach the minimum of 18 years of age to get married in Georgia. Some counties allow individuals between 16 and 18 to marry with parental consent.