Search for DeKalb County GA marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.
De Kalb County Marriage License 556 North McDonough Street Decatur GA 30030 404-371-2601
Avondale Estates City Hall 21 N Avondale Plz Avondale Estates GA 30002 404-294-5400
Clarkston City Hall 1055 Rowland Street Clarkston GA 30021 404-296-6489
Decatur City Hall 509 N McDonough St Decatur GA 30030 404-370-4100
Dekalb County Clerk 1300 Commerce Drive Decatur GA 30030 404-371-2162
Doraville City Clerk 3725 Park Avenue Doraville GA 30340 770-451-8745
Dunwoody Town Hall 5455 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd Dunwoody GA 30338 770-668-0401
Georgia Clerk 1875 Century Boulevard Northeast Atlanta GA 30345 404-327-6023
Lithonia City Clerk 6920 Main Street Lithonia GA 30058 770-482-0152
Pine Lake City Hall 459 Pine Drive Pine Lake GA 30072 404-292-4250
Stone Mountain City Hall 875 Main Street Stone Mountain GA 30083 770-413-0607
1. Apply where: County Probate Court
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 in certain counties with parental consent
3. Cost/fees: $16-$67, depending on whether the couple completes a qualifying premarital education program and whether a certified copy of the license is included
4. Identification: birth certificate, driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, military identification card
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: No, but non-residents must obtain a marriage license in the county where the marriage ceremony will be performed
7. Witnesses: Yes
8. License Valid: Indefinitely
9. Waiting Period: No
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No, but common law marriages predating January 1, 1997 remain valid
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Georgia, both members of the couple must visit a County Probate Court in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will complete the marriage license and submit it to the proper county authority. After the marriage license has been recorded, the Probate Court will issue a certified marriage certificate as proof of marriage.
How do I get a marriage license in DeKalb County, Georgia?
You will need to visit the County Probate Court to apply for a marriage license. Non-residents must apply in the county where the marriage ceremony will take place. Both members of the couple must prove that they have reached the eligible age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Georgia?
The cost for a marriage license in Georgia varies from $16 to $67 depending on the county and whether the couple has complete a qualifying premarital education course.
How old do you have to be to get married in DeKalb County?
You must reach the minimum of 18 years of age to get married in Georgia. Some counties allow individuals between 16 and 18 to marry with parental consent.