Search for Carroll County, GA marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.
Carroll County Marriage License 311 Newnan Street Carrollton GA 30117 770-830-5840
Bowdon City Clerk 136 City Hall Avenue Bowdon GA 30108 770-258-8980
Bowdon City Hall 136 City Hall Avenue Bowdon GA 30108 770-258-8992
Carroll County Clerk 423 College Street Carrollton GA 30117 770-830-5830
Carroll County Health Department 1004 Newnan Road Carrollton GA 30116 770-836-6667
Carrollton City Hall 315 Bradley Street Carrollton GA 30117 770-830-2000
Roopville City Hall 24500 Georgia 100 Roopville GA 30170 770-854-8616
Villa Rica City Hall 571 West Bankhead Highway Villa Rica GA 30180 678-785-1000
Villa Rica Health Department 158 East Wilson Street Villa Rica GA 30180 770-459-0031
1. Apply where: County Probate Court
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 in certain counties with parental consent
3. Cost/fees: $16-$67, depending on whether the couple completes a qualifying premarital education program and whether a certified copy of the license is included
4. Identification: birth certificate, driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, military identification card
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: No, but non-residents must obtain a marriage license in the county where the marriage ceremony will be performed
7. Witnesses: Yes
8. License Valid: Indefinitely
9. Waiting Period: No
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No, but common law marriages predating January 1, 1997 remain valid
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Georgia, both members of the couple must visit a County Probate Court in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have received the marriage license, you must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will complete the marriage license and submit it to the proper county authority. After the marriage license has been recorded, the Probate Court will issue a certified marriage certificate as proof of marriage.
How do I get a marriage license in Carroll County, Georgia?
You will need to visit the County Probate Court to apply for a marriage license. Non-residents must apply in the county where the marriage ceremony will take place. Both members of the couple must prove that they have reached the eligible age, provide photo identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Georgia?
The cost for a marriage license in Georgia varies from $16 to $67 depending on the county and whether the couple has complete a qualifying premarital education course.
How old do you have to be to get married in Carroll County?
You must reach the minimum of 18 years of age to get married in Georgia. Some counties allow individuals between 16 and 18 to marry with parental consent.