Search for St. Lucie County, FL marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.
Saintt Lucie County Marriage License 221 South Indian River Drive Fort Pierce FL 34950 561-871-5388
Florida Department Of Health 714 Avenue C Fort Pierce FL 34950 772-462-3800
Fort Pierce City Hall 100 U.s. 1 Fort Pierce FL 34950 772-460-2200
Port Saint Lucie City Hall 121 SW Port St Port Saint Lucie FL 34983 772-871-5225
St Lucie County Clerk 201 South Indian River Drive Fort Pierce FL 34950 407-665-4330
St Lucie County Clerk 250 Northwest Country Club Drive Port St. Lucie FL 34986 772-871-5388
St Lucie County Health Department 5150 Northwest Milner Drive Port St. Lucie FL 34983 772-873-4926
St Lucie Village Town Hall 2841 Old Dixie Highway Fort Pierce FL 34946 772-466-6900
Tradition Town Hall 10799 Southwest Civic Lane Port St. Lucie FL 34987 772-252-5200
1. Apply where: County Clerk's Office
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with parental consent or when the couple has or is expecting a child
3. Cost/fees: $93.50, or $61.00 for residents who complete the premarital course
4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: No
7. Witnesses: No
8. License Valid: 60 days
9. Waiting Period: No, for non-residents or for residents who complete an official premarital course; residents who do not complete the course must wait 3 days
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No; but common law marriages prior to January 1, 1968 are still recognized as valid
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Florida, both members of the couple must visit a County Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have submitted the application, you will either receive the license immediately if you are not a Florida resident or you are a resident and have completed the official premarital course. Florida residents who do not complete the course must wait 3 days. You must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the required government recording agency.
How do I get a marriage license in St. Lucie County, Florida?
You will need to visit the County Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must meet the age requirement, present valid forms of identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Florida?
Non-residents and residents who choose not to participate in the official premarital course must pay $93.50. Resident who complete the premarital course pay a discounted rate of $61.
How old do you have to be to get married in St. Lucie County?
You must reach the minimum age of 16 to get married in Florida. Individuals who are between 16 and 18 must have parental or guardian consent to get married, or the couple must have or be expecting a child.