Search for Putnam County, FL marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.
Putnam County Marriage License 410 Saint Johns Avenue Palatka FL 32177 904-329-0250
Crescent City Hall 115 Summit Street Crescent FL 32112 386-698-2525
Interlachen Town Hall 311 Atlantic Avenue Interlachen FL 32148 386-684-3811
Pomona Park Town Hall 1775 U.s. 17 Pomona Park FL 32181 386-649-4902
Putnam County Clerk PO Box 758 Palatka FL 32178 772-462-6900
Putnam County Clerk 1114 Florida 20 Interlachen FL 32148 386-684-3717
Putnam County Clerk 19 Summit Street Crescent FL 32112 386-698-1217
Putnam County Clerk 514 Saint Johns Avenue Palatka FL 32177 386-329-0385
Putnam County Health Department 2801 Kennedy Street Palatka FL 32177 386-326-3200
Welaka Town Hall 400 4th Avenue Welaka FL 32193 386-467-2303
Welaka Town Hall 4TH St Crescent FL 32112 386-467-9800
1. Apply where: County Clerk's Office
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with parental consent or when the couple has or is expecting a child
3. Cost/fees: $93.50, or $61.00 for residents who complete the premarital course
4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: No
7. Witnesses: No
8. License Valid: 60 days
9. Waiting Period: No, for non-residents or for residents who complete an official premarital course; residents who do not complete the course must wait 3 days
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No; but common law marriages prior to January 1, 1968 are still recognized as valid
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Florida, both members of the couple must visit a County Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have submitted the application, you will either receive the license immediately if you are not a Florida resident or you are a resident and have completed the official premarital course. Florida residents who do not complete the course must wait 3 days. You must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the required government recording agency.
How do I get a marriage license in Putnam County, Florida?
You will need to visit the County Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must meet the age requirement, present valid forms of identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Florida?
Non-residents and residents who choose not to participate in the official premarital course must pay $93.50. Resident who complete the premarital course pay a discounted rate of $61.
How old do you have to be to get married in Putnam County?
You must reach the minimum age of 16 to get married in Florida. Individuals who are between 16 and 18 must have parental or guardian consent to get married, or the couple must have or be expecting a child.