Search for Gulf County, FL marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.
Gulf County Marriage License 1000 5Th Street, Room 148 Port Saint Joe FL 32456 850-229-6113
Gulf County Clerk 1000 Cecil G. Costin Sr. Boulevard Port Saint Joe FL 32456 850-229-6112
Gulf County Clerk 153 North 3rd Street Wewahitchka FL 32465 850-639-2175
Gulf County Health Department 807 Florida 22 Wewahitchka FL 32465 850-639-4414
Port St Joe City Hall 305 Cecil G. Costin Sr. Boulevard Port Saint Joe FL 32456 850-229-8261
Wewahitchka City Hall 318 South 7th Street Wewahitchka FL 32465 850-639-2605
1. Apply where: County Clerk's Office
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with parental consent or when the couple has or is expecting a child
3. Cost/fees: $93.50, or $61.00 for residents who complete the premarital course
4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: No
7. Witnesses: No
8. License Valid: 60 days
9. Waiting Period: No, for non-residents or for residents who complete an official premarital course; residents who do not complete the course must wait 3 days
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No; but common law marriages prior to January 1, 1968 are still recognized as valid
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Florida, both members of the couple must visit a County Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have submitted the application, you will either receive the license immediately if you are not a Florida resident or you are a resident and have completed the official premarital course. Florida residents who do not complete the course must wait 3 days. You must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the required government recording agency.
How do I get a marriage license in Gulf County, Florida?
You will need to visit the County Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must meet the age requirement, present valid forms of identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Florida?
Non-residents and residents who choose not to participate in the official premarital course must pay $93.50. Resident who complete the premarital course pay a discounted rate of $61.
How old do you have to be to get married in Gulf County?
You must reach the minimum age of 16 to get married in Florida. Individuals who are between 16 and 18 must have parental or guardian consent to get married, or the couple must have or be expecting a child.