Search for Clay County FL marriage license rules and requirements. You can learn how to get a marriage license, a marriage certificate, or marriage records from your local Marriage License Office, Clerk, Health Department, or Town or City Hall.
Clay County Marriage License 825 North Orange Avenue Green Cove Springs FL 32043 904-269-6300
Clay County Clerk PO Box 698 Green Cove Springs FL 32043 904-284-6317
Clay County Clerk 7380 Highway 100 Keystone Heights FL 32656 352-478-8016
Clay County Clerk 1478 Park Avenue Orange Park FL 32073 904-278-4769
Clay County Clerk 1836 Blanding Boulevard Middleburg FL 32068 904-282-6490
Clay County Health Department 1305 Idlewild Avenue Green Cove Springs FL 32043 904-529-2800
Clay County Health Department 3229 Bear Run Boulevard Orange Park FL 32065 904-272-4529
Florida Department Of Health 1305 Idlewild Avenue Green Cove Springs FL 32043 904-529-2800
Green Cove Springs City Hall 321 Walnut Street Green Cove Springs FL 32043 904-529-2200
Keystone Heights City Hall 555 South Lawrence Boulevard Keystone Heights FL 32656 352-473-4807
Orange Park Town Hall 2042 Park Avenue Orange Park FL 32073 904-264-9565
1. Apply where: County Clerk's Office
2. Minimum Age: 18, or 16 with parental consent or when the couple has or is expecting a child
3. Cost/fees: $93.50, or $61.00 for residents who complete the premarital course
4. Identification: driver's license, state-issued identification, passport, or military identification
5. Blood test / Physical Test: No
6. Residency Requirement: No
7. Witnesses: No
8. License Valid: 60 days
9. Waiting Period: No, for non-residents or for residents who complete an official premarital course; residents who do not complete the course must wait 3 days
10. Same-sex marriage: Yes
11. Marriage between cousins: Yes
12. Divorce/Widow: Yes, with official documents
13. Proxy Marriage: No
14. Common Law Marriage: No; but common law marriages prior to January 1, 1968 are still recognized as valid
What do you have to do to get married?
To get married in Florida, both members of the couple must visit a County Clerk's Office in person to fill out a marriage license application. You will have to meet certain age requirements, provide photo identification, and pay a fee. Once you have submitted the application, you will either receive the license immediately if you are not a Florida resident or you are a resident and have completed the official premarital course. Florida residents who do not complete the course must wait 3 days. You must perform a marriage ceremony while the license is still valid. Your officiant will fill out the marriage license and submit it to the required government recording agency.
How do I get a marriage license in Clay County, Florida?
You will need to visit the County Clerk's Office to apply for a marriage license. Both members of the couple must meet the age requirement, present valid forms of identification, and pay a fee.
How much does it cost to get a marriage license in Florida?
Non-residents and residents who choose not to participate in the official premarital course must pay $93.50. Resident who complete the premarital course pay a discounted rate of $61.
How old do you have to be to get married in Clay County?
You must reach the minimum age of 16 to get married in Florida. Individuals who are between 16 and 18 must have parental or guardian consent to get married, or the couple must have or be expecting a child.